Sunday, August 31, 2008

Gabby Update

Chris and I were just at the hospital and here's where things stand. Gabby seems to be holding her own with the hood set to 50% oxygenation. Her blood oxygenation levels have slowly risen all day with this hood- 62% at 6am, 64% at 10am and 68% at 2pm. She's providing plenty of wet and dirty diapers and has maintained a consistent body temperature. We think they want to get the blood oxygenation levels to around 85% before they will try to start to scale back the oxygenation level in the hood.

We will feel much better if she continues to maintain and hold constant overnight.

Thanks again for all your prayers and thoughts.

the focas

3 comments:

Jennifer Cline said...

Hey Catherine,
I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for Gabby and for your family. I know how hard it is to have a baby in the NICU and one at home, so please let me know if you need anything at all! Also, I know worrying is inevitable, but she is in great hands, so try to find some time to take care of yourself. You will need it too. Let me know if I can do anything to help.
Jennifer Cline

Mom Of 3 said...

Catherine, you and Gabby and your entire family are in my thoughts and prayers. I wish we were there to help you out. Please know that you are in my thoughts. She is beautiful by the way. Cant wait to see more pictures.

The Fitzmorris Family said...

HEy there Catherine. I'm glad that Gabby seems to be moving forward slowly but surely. I cannot even imagine how hard this is on all of you guys. Hang in there & know that across the country your family is still in our thoughts & prayers.I wish I was still there to help you but prayers will have to do I guess. Take care miss & keep doing what you're doing.